The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion. (Proverbs 28:1 ESV)
Why do the wicked flee when no one pursues?
– because they know the wicked they have done
– they know the consequences of their wicked deeds
– they do not want to be held accountable for what they have done
– they suspect everything and trust nothing because that’s how they operate
– they are proud
– they are concerned only with themselves
Why are the righteous bold?
– they have not behaved wickedly
– they confess their wrongs openly and make restitution
– they trust God
– they strive to be humble
– they are concerned about the glory of God
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.
(Titus 1:15 ESV)
Do you flee when there is nobody chasing? Or, are you as bold as a lion? Do you see all things as pure or do you see that nothing is pure?